Friday, March 8, 2013

Earn Money at Home Just by Writing Very Simple Stuff


Yesterday I mentioned that I submitted articles for websites which continue to generate money till now.  I tried several websites but the ones I became most active on are Triond, Bukisa and Xomba.  I wrote mostly about recipes and cooking, then later on concentrated more on writing lists of ideas.  Why do I like writing lists? Well for me lists are very helpful to people, and no two lists are alike.  So this makes you unique and more valuable, because your content is different from the rest.

I wrote about practical lists of potluck ideas.  I also mentioned that I like cute stuff so I wrote (and still continue to write) lists of cute name ideas, cute username ideas, cute nicknames etc.  This may seem to be a very insignificant topic to many, but in reality it is popular as many people search for this topic on Google.

I write lists, people read them, some readers become interested in the surrounding Google Ad, click on it, and it generates money.  That is the simple concept. 

If it is that simple, why can’t everybody earn money from Google Adsense?

For me there are several reasons:

First, when you are passionate in what you’re doing, you put more thought into it and dedicate time.  You strive to make your article full of good content.  You are very careful in the keywords you write, in how you title your articles, in how you link your articles so you gain more viewers, etc.

Second, it depends on your motivation.  The rate of return is very slow.  Many people get discouraged when they see their articles earning only a few cents.  To them it eventually means a waste of time and therefore they stop pursuing it altogether.  I have been a victim of this mentality too.  Even though I liked what I was doing, in the beginning I was discouraged by the little amount of money I received for all my efforts.  Eventually though as I learned to “branch out” and think wider, more opportunities came which increased the income. 

Third, finding the right topic to write about is very challenging.  How do you really know what topics are popular? The best thing to write about is a topic that you know and enjoy.

Forth, many people think they have to have professional writing skills in order to write online articles.  This is not true.  I can attest to it because I am not a professional writer.  I just write simple articles but with content that’s both fun and helpful to people.

When I mentioned about “branching out” earlier, what I meant is aside from submitting articles for websites, I realized there are many other venues of earning money online through Google Adsense.  I still stick to my passion which is “cute”.  The doors just opened one by one.  First, I created a website offering free printable cute candy wrappers. Oh that was so fun! I will talk about it in detail next.

No comments:

Post a Comment